Tom White Field at Mack Tharpe Stadium
- Located at 1000 Stadium Dr SW, Moultrie, GA
- Field Surface: Synthetic Turf
- Dedicated on September 24, 1954 (Mercer McCall “Mack” Tharpe) Read More: Wayne Grandy’s Moultrie Observer Article
- The Moultrie Packers played their first game in the new stadium on September 10, 1954
- Home venue for Packer football for almost 64 years
- Where the William Bryant Rams (1961 State Champions) played their home games
- In 2005 the field was named in honor of Tom “Babe” White, who helped develop linemen for the Packers from 1950-1964
- In 2010 the Stadium received major upgrades including artificial turf installation, 4,000 square feet of new walkways and 2,000 feet of new fencing
Mack Tharpe Stadium – Packer Football Attendance Regulations (Updated July 2023)
Student Admission Procedures:
- K-8 students must be accompanied by a parent/guardian to enter the stadium.
- Students in grades 9-12 may enter without a parent/guardian with a valid Colquitt County High School
or C.A. Gray Junior High student ID.
- Loitering in open areas at the stadium is not permitted – i.e. concessions, restroom area.
- Any behavior at the stadium that is a violation of the Colquitt County School District Code of Student
Conduct will be enforced at the student’s home school.
- Inappropriate behavior at the stadium and repeated failure to comply with instructions from school
personnel will result in removal of the event without refund and may result in a ban from future events
for the remainder of the school year.
Clear Bag Policy:
The Colquitt County School District Clear Bag Policy strictly limits the size and types of bags that are
permitted at events held at this venue. The following bags and items will be permitted:
- Each person may carry in one bag that is clear plastic, vinyl, or EVA no larger than 12” by x 6” x 12” OR
a one-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- In addition to one of the clear bags noted above, each person may also carry in a small clutch purse no
larger than 4.5″ x 6.5″, with or without a handle or strap.
- An exception may be made for the following items:
Medically necessary items
- Additional clothing, coats, jackets, sweaters, towels and blankets are permitted if carried loosely or in
an approved clear bag.
- Small cameras, binoculars and cell phones are permitted if carried in a person’s pocket or in an
approved clear bag or small clutch.
Thank you for your cooperation as we work to assure a safe and orderly environment for Packer Football!
Colquitt County High School
- State-of-the-art facility with 364,000 square feet
- In 2017, phase two of additions were implemented adding an additional 31,000 square feet of building space
- Comprised of six interconnected buildings that surround a 1.5 acre amphitheater courtyard
- Administration, classrooms, science and computer labs and drama, band and choir rooms compose the main four story building
- Media center, CTAE vocational labs and cafeteria each occupy separate buildings
- Gymnasium has three basketball courts, seating for 2,500 fans, and an adjacent auxiliary gym with a poured rubber floor for Cheerleading and Wrestling
- A Georgia Department of Education Charter School
- Graduation rates that have historically surpassed state averages
- Impressive student attendance rates, with a system average of 95%
- System maintains a 15:1 student/teacher ratio
- Expansive curriculum opportunities with local colleges and universities
- Strong parental involvement and caring mentors/volunteers
- Valuable on-going business/community partnerships
- A wide array of extra-curricular and co-curricular opportunities
- Grades 10-12
Indoor Multipurpose Practice Facility
- 73,141 sq. ft. multipurpose indoor facility
- 100 yd artificial turf field with 1 end zone
- 20 ft. of sidelines surrounding field
- 48 ft. to ridge from center of field
- End zone has net with simulated goal post
- 10 overhead coiling doors that can be opened to allow airflow when 8 24′ diameter fans are running
- Fans and doors are connected to thermostat so doors will open and fans will cut on when building reaches a preset temperature
- Heaters are connected to thermostat and cut on when building reaches a preset temperature
- AstroTurf RootZone 3D3 Blend
- Multipurpose usability – Special Olympics, Band, Soccer, Baseball, Football, etc.
Indoor Multipurpose Facility
Weight Training Facility +Football Operations
- 8,388 sq. ft. weight training facility with 25 yd turf field, designed for 16 weight stations
- Main locker room has 123 lockers adjacent showers and restrooms
- 2 additional locker rooms connected to auxiliary gym with 51 lockers each and each with restrooms
- 500 sq. ft. food prep room & nutrition center
- 1200 sq. ft. equipment room with portable equipment storage system
- Laundry facilities
- Offensive coaches offices
- Defensive coaches offices
- Private coaches locker room facilities
- 3 meeting/conference rooms