Colquitt Handles McEachern, Preps For Quarterfinal Showdown With North Gwinnett
November 18, 2018 – Moultrie, GA
The Packers took care of business Friday night in round 2 of their GHSA Region 7A Playoff Game versus McEachern at Tom White Field at Mack Tharpe Stadium in Moultrie, Georgia. It was Colquitt 49 McEachern 29 when all was said and done.
Overall the Pack put on a much better performance versus McEachern than in it’s previous outing versus Etowah but according to Propst there’s still much room for improvement and they’ll be spending Thanksgiving week doing just that.
The 12-0 Colquitt County Packers will play host to North Gwinnett in the GHSA 7A State Playoff Quarterfinals Friday, November 23, 2018 with a 7:30 PM kickoff at Tom White Field at Mack Tharpe Stadium in Moultrie, Georgia.
Speaking of North Gwinnett, there’s a reference to 49 seconds that can be seen all throughout the Packers’ field house and weight training facility. It’s been there all season long. Those familiar with Packer football know all too well the story behind the 49 second reference.
In 2017 the Packers came within 49 seconds of winning another State Championship and finished as the State Runner-up in Georgia’s highest football classification. That heart-breaking loss was at the hands of none other than North Gwinnett.
It might be more than just a fair observation to assume that an undefeated Packer season thus far at 12-0 has not been “enough” to take that sting away from last year’s Championship loss to North Gwinnett. Of course nothing could change the facts of history but this Friday night’s game could certainly offer some solace and satisfaction if the Pack could put North Gwinnett to bed so to speak this season. “Night night”, that’s one of the Packers’ huddle chants and one that’s sure to be heard this upcoming Friday night on Tom White Field at Mack Tharpe Stadium in Moultrie, Georgia as the Packers look to defeat the Bulldogs and advance to the 2018 GHSA 7A Semi Finals.
North Gwinnett vs. Colquitt Ticket Information
- Monday 11/19/18: From 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM at the high school athletic office, reserved seat ticket holders will be allowed to purchase their current reserved seats at $14 per seat. General admission tickets also will be sold for $12.
- Tuesday 11/20/18: From 7:00 AM – 1:00 PM at the high school athletic office, unsold reserved seat tickets will go on sale to the general public at $14 per seat. General admission tickets also will be sold for $12.
- Wednesday 11/21/18: NO TICKET SALES
- Thursday 11/22/18: NO TICKET SALES
- Friday 11/23/18: From 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM at the high school athletic office, any remaining reserved tickets and general admission tickets on sale. $14 Reserved and $12 General Admission.
- General admission tickets will be sold at the gate for $12 beginning at 6 PM Friday.
- Only GHSA passes will be accepted. Teacher passes and Golden passes will not be accepted at the gates during the playoffs.